Pages

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Is vintage clothing a thing of the past?

Over the past years I've been changing fashion styles going from the "buy everything in hollister inc socks" to the "try to look like Alexa Chung without the legs and body" which I am around about at now. I would like to say that my style is unique, maybe not in my city, maybe not in my town but definitely in my house. 

Spending all my money when I was a "tween" on designer brands was a big mistake because I grew out of the brands and logo phenomenon and I ended up with clothes I didn't want and would never wear. 

I've decided to spend as little as I can on clothes which means charity shops and vintage shops. NOT ALL CHARITY SHOPS ARE THE CROCS SELLING, STAINED JUMPER, SOMETHING THAT SOMEBODY DIED IN KINDA SHOP. I could spend hours looking in charity shops, not because I can't find something I would wear around town but because they possibilities are endless.

Let's say I found a plain black dress. This is screaming 50/60's fashion. Buy it for what £3 and make a collar, just don't get lipstick on it (get it? Because 50/60's fashion aka music??? Nope ok). Making a collar is simple just google it or watch a video on YouTube. You could turn a plain top into a rainbow of fun or get some shorts and do the flowery embroidery or just get you grandma to do it.

So why should you go vintage?
1.MONEY MONEY MONEY - You could save loads of money buying from a charity shop and thing of what you could do with the money you save! Just remember that vintage shops do sell things that are fake or maybe priced a lil bit more then expected.
2. Nobody else would have the same as you! You could walk round Manchester and feel like your wearing couture fashion because it's not primark, nobody else would have the same.
3.Buying from a charity shop is a win win situation. Whilst buying from the shop and becoming a fashion goddess, your helping the charity, the reason why the shop is there! 

Here is an example of yeh something I bought from a charity shop for £20. I bought the shoes from somewhere else but the skirt was only £2 aka bargain!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment