Pages

Tuesday 26 August 2014

See you in the fields ...

Sorry I've been away for a few weeks, i was just overwhelmed with the fact i won Leeds Festival wristbands thanks to NME! I couldn't believe it, i would be seeing Arctic Monkeys, Palma Violets and Jake Bugg all in 3 days.

Here are my top 4 acts of the weekend:

1) Palma Violets
Palma Violets are a band from London who I discovered when downloading their song 'Tom The Drum' on itunes for free back in 2012. They happen to be my favourite band and I waited 12 hours to see them on Saturday at the Festival Republic Stage (in my opinion they should have played the NME/Radio 1 Stage but oh well smaller venue, better view). They played around 7 songs and even played a new song which was amazing. I was lucky enough to meet 2 of the band members and even catch a guitar pick! I think they were the best performance because they are amazing live and i cant wait to see them again in the future!





2) Arctic Monkeys
Yes, one of my fav bands ever, I managed to see them again and waited at the barrier, being pushed and sick on but it was worth it. As Alex Turner chanted 'Yorkshire Yorkshire' i couldn't help but cry a little because he looked perfect. They opened with 'Do I Wanna Know' and played many of their greatest hits! Apparently they didn't play 'Mardy Bum' at the Reading Set which makes me feel so lucky to have seen them live and even be at the barrier.




3) Catfish And The Bottlemen
If you haven't heard of catfish and the bottlemen, you have obvs been living in some sort of bubble. Catfish and The Bottlemen made me feel lucky to have been in the audience because the tour has sold out they are that amazing. Belting out 'Kathleen' was a highlight and i cant believe i managed to get the set list as well.
Give them a listen!




4) Jake Bugg
OMG i waited 3 years to see Jake Bugg and i cant believe how amazing he was live. Jake may seem like a miserable person who cant be bothered but his music is really something different. You may think 'how can you dance to this' but it wasn't about dancing at Jake Bugg's set, it was being there that was the highlight.






No comments:

Post a Comment